Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Coming Out Party

As the senior member of the staff, I feel you should also know something about me. A student at Fordham, thats in the Bronx, not Florida as many people think the first time I tell them, and a true Red Sox fan.

My first experience with them was in the wonderful Mo Vaughn MVP season that was 1995. Of course when the 6 year old version of me went to see them play, Vaughn was out after getting in a bar fight. It was also one of the hottest days ever (97 at first pitch, thank you baseball-reference.com) and the fan in the seat next to me liked the opposing Rangers and said I needed to drink beer to sit there. Luckily Wakefield went 6 and a third and the Sox won.

I could go on about remembering where I was for every Red Sox moment the last 13 years, but you don't care about that. So for now remember Bill Simmons is a great writer, the rest will unfold.

No comments: